Victorians in the World
North American Victorian Studies Association 2015 Annual Conference
July 9-12, 2015
Deadline: December 1, 2014
NAVSA was established in 2002 to provide a continental forum for discussion of critical issues in the Victorian period, and to encourage a wide variety of critical and disciplinary approaches to the study of the field. NAVSA sponsors an annual conference to provide a forum for presentation and discussion of research in Victorian studies. Earlier conferences have been held in Pasadena, CA, Venice, IT, and Madison, WI download handlettering fonts.
Plenary speakers include Vanessa Smith of the University of Sydney, and Jonathan Osorio of the University of Hawaii at Manoa.
The organizing committee for the 2015 NAVSA Annual Conference invites proposals for papers, panels, and special sessions on the subject of Victorians in the World herunterladen.
Conference threads might include (but are certainly not limited to):
- Victorian Travel Writing
- Britain and America: the Special Relationship
- South Asians in England
- The Grotesque: Exquisite Bodies on Display
- “Going Native”: Victorians in the Caribbean
- Victorian Worldviews
- The Scottish Diaspora
- Absent-Minded Imperialists
- The foreign correspondents
- The Victorians and the World’s Fairs
- Architectural Imperialism
- French maids and English nannies
- Ibsen and the London theatre
- The world in the Victorian school
- Oceania in the Victorian Imagination
- Marketing Scotland to the World
- Dickens around the world
Deadline for paper and panel proposals is December 1, 2014; proposals for individual papers consist of a one-page (250-500 word) summary of the paper plus a one-page abbreviated cv. For panels, a paragraph describing the panel, plus a one page summary for each paper and a one page abbreviated cv for each participant is required untis messenger.