The Midwest Conference on British Studies is proud to announce that its 63rd Annual Meeting will be hosted by Iowa State University in Ames, September 16-18, 2016 think cell herunterladen. The keynote speaker will be Susan Kingsley Kent of University of Colorado Boulder, and the plenary address will be given by Ian Archer of the University of Oxford word online for free.
The MWCBS seeks papers from scholars in all fields of British Studies, broadly defined to include those who study England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, and Britain’s Empire and the Commonwealth from Roman Britain to the modern age which means downloading on german. We welcome scholars from a broad spectrum of disciplines, including but not limited to history, literature, political science, gender studies, and art history control center 4en. Proposals for complete sessions are preferred, although proposals for individual papers will be considered. We welcome roundtables (of four participants plus chair) and panels (of three participants plus chair/commentator) that:
- offer comparative analyses of different periods of British Studies, such as comparing medieval and early modern issues in context
- situate the arts, letters, and sciences in a British cultural context
- examine representations of British and imperial/Commonwealth national identities
- consider Anglo-American relations, past and present
- examine new trends in British Studies
- assess a major work or body of work by a scholar
- explore new developments in digital humanities and/or research methodologies
As the result of positive responses to professional development sessions at recent conferences, we encourage proposals for sessions that discuss collaborative or innovative learning techniques in the British Studies classroom and for sessions on the topics of research, publication, or employment herunterladen. This year the Program Committee will also entertain proposals for poster sessions and for panels featuring the pre-circulation of papers among participants and audience members test version word 2010 for free.
The MWCBS welcomes presentations by advanced graduate students and will award the Walter L. Arnstein Prize for the best graduate student paper(s) given at the conference Download free songs from youtube. A limited number of graduate travel scholarships will also be available, and all graduate students are encouraged to apply. Further details will be available on the MWCBS website: http://mwcbs.edublogs.org/
- Include a 200-word abstract for each paper and a brief, 1-page c.v download free hardloop app. for each participant, including chairs and commentators.
- For full panels, also include a brief 200-word abstract for the panel as a whole.
Please place the panel abstract, accompanying paper proposals, and vitas in one file and submit it as a single attachment windows 10 64 bit nederlands. Also identify the panel’s contact person within the email.
Program Committee: Christine Haskill, Chair, Kendall College of Art and Design of Ferris State University; Chad Martin, University of Indianapolis; Linda E. Mitchell, University of Missouri-Kansas City; J. Sunita Peacock, Slippery Rock University; Dana Rabin, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
Visit the MWCBS website at http://mwcbs.edublogs.org/